As part of the transition to a global fashion retailer, New Look invested significant time and effort in evolving its brand. Now was the time to launch this new brand story. In evaluating how to best move forward with this launch, a number of key requirements were taken into consideration:
- The brand story needed to be translated into specific behaviours at the front line that customers would see, hear and appreciate.
- The launch needed to engage the entire organization in the brand – both stores and head office.
- The brand needed to be tangible. It needed live and breathe on a daily basis throughout the company.
For this brand launch to make a real difference to the way customers experienced the business, it was critical to engage every member of staff in bringing the brand to life. Therefore, rather than follow the traditional approach of a one-off marketing “event”, New Look selected Energize Learning to cascade this major new initiative across the business. Their pragmatic approach, willingness to listen and extensive track record within the retail sector being significant drivers of this decision.
What Energize Learning did:
The approach adopted followed three distinct phases:
The benefits of this programme have been many and varied. They include:
- Rapid cascading of the brand across the business with great success and impact
- It proved to be a catalyst for on-going development of a critical community of senior management within the business.
- Head office and stores share a common language and a greater appreciation of each others perspective
- Stores teams are “Talking the Talk” and “Walking the Walk” on the shop floor.
- Core brand behaviours have become a way of life in stores
- Increased morale and motivation across the business – they believed it was going to be different this time and it was!